Join in and discuss all the weekend action from Indy. Robby Gordon will be running the Johns Manville Toyota. On track action begins on Friday, July 24th , with practice running from 2:00-3:00pm/et, live on ESPN2.Second practice is also on Friday,July 24th, from 3:30-4:30pm/et,live on SPEED.Qualifying is on Saturday, July 25th , at 11:35am/et live on ESPN2. There are two practice sessions on Saturday, July 25th,from 3:00-4:00pm/et , live on SPEED,and happy hour runs from 4:30-5:30pm/et,live on ESPN2. Raceday coverage begins on Sunday, July 26th, at 2:00pm/et, live on ESPN,with the green flag scheduled to drop at 2:16pm/et.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He will still start the race higher than he would have had it rained out, and there is another practice still.
Is this going to be another week of negative comments from folks who don't know how to drive a race car, run a team, or run a business? This gets old. Most of us Robby fans are impressed with what he has done his way from scratch competing against all the big name teams and money.

Lets be more positive or go to a chat room with a owner and driver that follows a cookie cutter script that does it the way all the other teams do it.

Another option is quit your job, move you and your family to NC, and take a job with RGM so he can implement all your solutions. Folks seem to have the answers.

I am a soccer and basketball player and I HATE to lose. I am a small business owner and I HATE to lose to my competition. With that said I love to see the little guy take the risk and succeed where the larger guys can't. Did any larger teams / drivers qualify after him or are behind him in owner/driver points?
This car is much better than the qualifying result.
I am just looking forward to a good day of chat tomorrow. Robby does well in practice and slams the splitter in qualifying then the world is falling posts start. You say, lap down in a hurry, top 30 tomorrow, suck at pocono, and fuck up the road course. Where's the love?

We all want him to do well but the constant negative attitude does not race weekend as fun as it could be.

I hope/think he will move to the front.
Well, there'll be the Baja 1000 win and SCORE champoinship before Dakar. That's pretty good news.
Will have the pre-qualifying interview from Robby added to the PlanetRobby Audio player located on the main page a bit later tonight.
For those who didn't see my Twitter feed, Robby immediately came on the radio when he hit the back stretch on lap one and was saying something was wrong with the right front. He commented the thing wanted to push like crazy towards the wall. He thought initially might be a shock issue (packer, bump stop) but also said it felt like the splitter could have hit and carried the front. Either issue would explain the change in attitude exiting turn two. Robby said it could make for a long day.

Sitting in turn one, there were very few cars that got through turn one as well as the 7. If they can fix corner off under power, it could be a good Sunday. Time will tell. I'll be giving lots of radio updates during final pratice on Twitter, and will summerize here later. Rgm has an hour and a half to fix the car, I'm optimistic they will succeed.
Post qualifying interview from Robby Gordon now available in the Audio player located on the main page.
Post-Qualifying Quotes

ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 Johns Manville Toyota): "We messed up. We knew we were going to go faster, and we killed the front splitter. Hit the ground pretty hard, and it went straight. It's unfortunate. We were very fast yesterday in practice. It's a little deficit putting us back there, but we'll fight hard. We got a good race team. We'll fight hard and get our way back toward the front on Race Day. I come here with a lot of passion to run good, but obviously when you have qualifying runs like today, you get really frustrated. We were like 12th in practice and a good opportunity for a top-10 qualifying, and we just made a mistake. It's disappointing. We'll continue to learn from our mistakes and get better. We crossed the start/finish line pretty much 200 rpm faster than what I ran in practice. I was probably doing the same thing in Turn 2. I just bottomed out the front splitter. We still have a good race car. We just got to tune on it a little bit better."
It good to know that it was simply a problem with the splitter and not a problem with the motor, etc. After some adjustments, RG should have a good car to be able to move towards the front. With a little luck (we all know that he is due for some), tomorrow could be a top 10-15 finish easy!!
This is a very strong motor.Plenty of HP.

Good race tomorrow,,top 20 minimum.....

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service