Join in and discuss all the weekend action from Indy. Robby Gordon will be running the Johns Manville Toyota. On track action begins on Friday, July 24th , with practice running from 2:00-3:00pm/et, live on ESPN2.Second practice is also on Friday,July 24th, from 3:30-4:30pm/et,live on SPEED.Qualifying is on Saturday, July 25th , at 11:35am/et live on ESPN2. There are two practice sessions on Saturday, July 25th,from 3:00-4:00pm/et , live on SPEED,and happy hour runs from 4:30-5:30pm/et,live on ESPN2. Raceday coverage begins on Sunday, July 26th, at 2:00pm/et, live on ESPN,with the green flag scheduled to drop at 2:16pm/et.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just a heads up that this weekends practice sessions will be either on ESPN2 or SPEED TV. The actual race is on ESPN. My memory must be eluding me, but has there always been 4 practice sessions at INDY?
There was something like 25 ten lap practices last year, instead of a race.
LOL..good one!
Be lucky to get much practice or qualifying in... weather not looking good. This system is just laying down a light rain, just enough to keep things wet. Weekend calling for possible T-storms.
And Indy takes FOREVER to dry-out.
Weather, I have been a part of some "great weather" during race weekends. Like the Monday morning camped out in a tent along the fence Pocono infield waking up to what was left of a hurricane coming up the east coast. The tent shuttered like a garbage bag tied to the tailgate. If it does come I hope it is a yes or no situation I mean how many more boring rain delays can we take talking about Jim Jonson (at least that sounds like a racer) and the same teams over and over, ESPN just replay old footage or something. But the reason I chimed in was to let everyone know that with all the weather websites out there a place called www.wunderground.com will have live easy to view up to date radar so you can make your own conclusion. If the car is fast I say it is about time we start to not "play it safe" and sometimes the best luck is to follow those certain people who never seem to get the shaft. GAS ON
Should be interesting to see what the weather is going to do.
PREDICTIONS?
Robby has 2 Top 10's and an average finish of 23.7 at The Brickyard
2008 Started 29th Finished 33rd
2007 Started 42nd Finished 27th
2006 Started 9th Finished 35th
2005 Started 13th Finished 24th

2009 Prediction: Start 34th Finish 17th
probably not. Customs on EBAY , best bet.
I am worried about a very green racetrack after all of the rain causing another disaster this year. Hopefully the new Goodyears will fill in the cracks of the track.

matt
weather looks ok at Indy today.
The tires will be fine, trust me.

In regards to determining how fast Robbys car is, today might not be the best indicator. With two practices today and two tomorrow, my guess is most people will be only working on qualifying trim today. Robbys cars typically are not strong qualifiers, so I'm going to reserve my judgement until tomorrow.

Hopefully its not like 2007, when he wrecked the primary on purpose because the thing would not turn in the corners. The backup was fast, but the brake system was all messed up raceday. He would not stop complaing to Gene about the brakes, until he rear ended someone in a wreck because he couldnt slow down fast enough. Ah memories...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service