Join in right here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2009 Daytona 400. Both practices are on Thursday, July 2nd. First practice is from 4:00 - 5:20 pm/et, TV-SPEED. Happy Hour 'Final' practice is from 6:35 - 8:00pm/et, TV-SPEED.Qualifying is on Friday, July 3rd, at 4:10pm, LIVE on SPEED.This is an impound race.Race Coverage of the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, July 4, 2009.TV: TNT at 8:00 pm/et; pre-race show at 6:30 pm/et; green flag approx 8:16pm/et.Post your thoughts here or join us in live raceday chat.

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

According to Scene Daily, Smith is in.
Sweet, Jayski said he was out if qualifying was cancelled.
Max Papis and Mike Wallace is going home
I think they should set 1-35 by points, and then make every effort to let 36 on back put in a qualifying lap. They would qualify for positions 36-43, slowest guys go home. They said that they would have the track dry, but wouldn't have enough time to run all 45 cars before the nationwide race. Think they would have enough time to run 10? And if they couldn't get them in tonight, then try again in the morning.
I don't get your argument. At this point it is about making the race or going home.
Is it any more fair to set 36-43 with the convoluted system that they have in place now? Shouldn't the go-or-go-home crowd get a chance to qualify by speed? Yes, they will be starting in the back, since you can't place them in front of 1-35, who didn't lay down a qual run, but they'd be in the back anyways per the rain-out rules.

If 45th points car is faster than 36-44, shouldn't he get into the race?

What I am saying is that, they may not have a 3 hour window to qualify 45 cars, and because of that, some of the GOGH'ers get screwed. But, maybe a 30-45 minute window in the schedule is available sometime before the race to qualify the GOGH'ers.
I like the idea.

I actually think if the 1st qualifies 44th then he should go home.
I would agree with you on that for normal qualifying, Fastest 43 race, period.

But if they are gonna play the top 35 game, I think making every attempt to qualify the GOGH'ers should be attempted.
Two Sprint cars go home because of the Nationwide TV schedule. They are going to end up with only 43 cars and then they may drop because of the economy and sponsorship.

How about heat races, a B main, and then the A main on the scheduled race day?
Did they qualify the Nationwide cars? They chose to qualify the Nationwide over the Sprint cars?

What would be the basis for that decision?
Well then, it seems like they did the right thing for the Nationwide series. It is frustrating how the rain and their rules and decisions have impacted things lately.
The 64 was a late entry (did not make the 13 day prior deadline), so they lost their priority in the rain out rulebook, hence the 78 made the race.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service