Join in here and discuss all the action this weeekend from Crandon. We will have coverage on raceday from the track ( Crandon/Atlanta link on the main menu ) as well as the ABC broadcast at 4:00 pm/et.

Robby's race class runs at 10:30 am on Sunday, Sept 6, and he will have a practice session on Friday , Sept 5th at 2:00 pm/et.

Also, live raceday chat will be available on Sunday

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How did lady Di and that other troll get on here?
10 laps of racing is icing on the cake. If you were there as a competitor and rubbing with elbows with grass roots racers and the "FUN" for lack of a better word you would be having the time of your life and "being there" is what it is all about.
yeah,too bad the engine went sour after only 3 laps. I wasnt in a good spot ,however there are going to be some great pictures coming out.
I have never watched that series, but I must say I truly enjoyed watching it on ABC the other day and Robby was having a great run! The start was crazy to see but actually was cool to seem him be in 3rd at the first turn with all of those drivers going to the first turn.

I was trying to figure out why he dropped so many spots because I knew he finished 6th but watching it on tv he was running 2nd most of the time and I saw him drop to 3rd and then the coverage changed and I left. I guess the piston burning up was the cause of dropping back!

Just wondering, but for who was there or knows stuff, if Robby wouldn't have motor problems, would he have had a shot at the win or was he a 2nd place truck for the day! Just seemed like watching it that the leader was pulling away or maintained his lead in the race!

It was cool when they interviewed the drivers how they thanked Robby for coming up for the race and also gave him great compliments for being a great driver.
Scott Taylor owns Crandon, Ricky Johnson is just flat fast and both using Roush/Yates motors with late race tire grooving knowledge they were gonna be hard to beat at any racebut for sure at Crandon. If the piston did not burn and the groove on the tires was right for the later "blue grooves" that always come on with rubber getting laid down, for sure he would have been there at the end. His Mickey Thompson days showed that he has not lost his touch. He qualified quicker than where he lined up do to rules, points. Land Rush starts are always a great equalizer, the one with the biggest set and the right luck of not finding a hole like Mark Jenkins in the pro4 race always has a great chance at making up for a bad qualifing spot.

And to the folks on here who think this was a waste of time to go race at Crandon, do you think Tony Stewart really likes being in Nascar? Does he not run off at the drop of a hat to run dirt in.....anything,Midget,Sprint car, Late Model or pretty much any thing else that is not a Nascar race? You bet he does and why? Cause he loves it, it's not for the money it's cause it makes him happy! You can go down the line and look but if allowed by there owners alot of these Nascar drivers would be off doing alot of other things if they could because it makes them "happy". No he did not come to do anything but win, this being the first race in this truck im only guessing but it probably served as a great time to gather sponsors (Polaris,Toyo) and test the truck. So a waste of time i doubt very much Robby would have called it a waste of money or time.
WELL PUT.....................
good points Aaron. i know about the Ford guys using the Roush/Yates engines, and the toyoda guys also use TRD engines, does anybody know who built robby's engine? I thought I had ready it was RCR somewhere.

He definetly showed he belonged and that it wasnt a wasted trip. Come on people!! A lot of these racers race whatever they can whenever they can!!!
From what I understood and I could be wrong, the desert truck got all the RCR motors and the motor that was in the Short course truck is a menards. As far as the Roush/Yates i understand it is only Barlow motorsports (Ricky Johnson/Steve Barlow) and Scott Taylor. The Toyota Pro2 and Pro4 trucks all get the Trd motors the prolite guys I believe are getting some of the stuff from Ed Pink who builds the Trd midget motors for the USAC guys and the Fords are all Esslinger tall deck motors from the ARCA series. Again this is from memory and probably all wrong and someone can clean this up.
I thought it was awesome. I would have liked to see a win but it looked like fun. Anytime RG can run second and get tv time I'm happy.
I thought ABC did a terrible job with the coverage. I try to watch these races as often as I can on ESPN and they actually show all of the laps in each division. The races are short enough to get commercials in between rather than keep interrupting.

Robby knew how short the race was before deciding to go and I'm awfully glad he did. So were the other competitors they interviewed after the race. It gives the entire series a boost to have someone of RG's caliber in the field. I've been excited since early in the year when he announced he planned to run some of these events and hope next year's schedule permits him to run a few more. Just flat out take no prisoners racing. Doesn't get much better than that.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service