Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from Charlotte. Robby Gordon will be running the #7 Freightliner Toyota. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the North Carolina track.

THURSDAY , OCTOBER 15th

Practice 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm/et, TV - SPEED
Qualifying 7:00 pm/et TV - ESPN2 ( will go out 27th )

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16th

Practice 5:00 - 5:45 pm/et TV - SPEED
Happy Hour 6:20 pm - 7:20 pm/et TV - ESPN2

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11th

Pre-race at 7:00 pm/et on ABC
Green Flag 7:41 pm/et on ABC

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available,as well as live twitter feeds from the track.

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that coverage last night was horible. The FKN camera was on the 48 all night long even when he wasnt in the lead.
I missed a few laps but what happend to the 77, 88??

the big will keep getting bigger and the small will disolve......it sucks

Nascar and the major networks will run most of the sponsors out of this sport if the keep watching the same cars all night.
I have already STOPPED watching the "sharade"!!!!!! I will attend some in person, other than that, they can SHOVE this sport!!!!!!
71 is RCR
The new Dodge engine made a huge difference with Sam Hornish and Kurt Busch this year. Also helped Kasey Kahne. No one else but David Stremme ran the new Dodge engine and all the horsepower in the world will make up for his lack of talent.
The goal of racing is to win. How you can be mad at Hendrick for doing exactly what he's suppose to?

You going to blame the sun for Global warming?
Everyone has to play by the same rules- why is it that Hendrick is "benefitting" while "hurting" others? The other guys can do everything that Hendrick can do after all. But without the mountains of talented individuals, the "best of the best" in every aspect of racing, they won't be able to do it as well. It's not the rules fault, it's not NASCAR's fault. Gibbs, Childress, Roush, etc just aren't as good. There's no defense for that.

On a side note, I'm with you on the cycle of the planet & global warming...but that's a discussion for another thread.
I agree. I don't like the Hendrick dominance but look, they have top of the line equipment and the best people in nascar running the shop. They have arguably the top two drivers in Nascar over the last ten years in Johnson and Gordon. It will be interesting to see what happens when Gordon retires.
Hendrick is killing NASCAR like Steinbrenner killed baseball. They're both part of the "throw enough money at anything" culture. Sports, every type, originated and thrived on competition between athletes. Be it physical, mental, emotional, or strategic, it was that power within each individual and their ability to interact as a team that made them the best of their era. It was raw determination to be the best, or hating to lose the most, that drove performance levels.

But in today's culture, he with the most money wins in both sports and business. NFL games are won or lost in Las Vegas and not on the field. Stupid calls are proof of that. I'll start watching baseball during the playoffs, even if only to see somebody beat the yanks. It just doesn't hold the same electricity as it did before free agency. Players are motivated by money rather than sheer desire to be the best. As money began to infiltrate NASCAR, I wondered how the sport would be affected. I knew it wouldn't be pretty after watching how it hurt the stick and ball sports. But now we see just how ugly it can be.

And as for global warming, I'm fairly certain Earth has been getting warmer since the end of the ice age. JMO
spoken by someone who has obviously never raced. I raced, I trained, my diet was much like an NFL player. I played several types of roundball in my youth. You have no clue.
I was disappointed , I figured Robby would of at least drove up in the top 12-15 there at the start of the race but nope we dropped like a herd of turtles. Was the track much different from HH? or weather??
on to martinsville!
lol

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service