Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from Charlotte. Robby Gordon will be running the #7 Freightliner Toyota. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the North Carolina track.

THURSDAY , OCTOBER 15th

Practice 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm/et, TV - SPEED
Qualifying 7:00 pm/et TV - ESPN2 ( will go out 27th )

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16th

Practice 5:00 - 5:45 pm/et TV - SPEED
Happy Hour 6:20 pm - 7:20 pm/et TV - ESPN2

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11th

Pre-race at 7:00 pm/et on ABC
Green Flag 7:41 pm/et on ABC

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available,as well as live twitter feeds from the track.

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol...
I went to the race last night and watched Robby almost all of the time. He had a hell of a race with Dale Jr. for the lucky dog spot He had several good races during the race. Some of them he won, some he didn't. He was running a high line for most of the race. Gilliland was behind him for a long run and he just bided his time until Robby made a mistake and went on by him. He raced Kenseth and Johnson very hard before they finally got by him.

He just couldn;t keep the car on the low line and when he did he didn't have any forward bite exiting the turn and got blown away down the straight. He was faster on the high line but just couldn't run consistent laps and those that passed him just stayed behind him until he slid too high or had to back out in middle of the turn and drove right under him.

The good news is that he seems to have good power. The Hendricks cars are the only ones that look like they have more power. If he can get his car to stay at the bottom and get some good forward bite off he may have something for them. Sometimes the fast way around is the high line but it's nice to be able to choose to run high rather than to have to. There are distinct disadvantages to running high all of the time. You don't get as good a gas mileage (you are running a longer distance than those at the bottom) and the rpm's you run when you run high are tough on the motor.

Best to all,
BRR
Thank you for the Recap! A lot of us do not get to watch the races these days so these scripts are great!
Thanks Again.
Rabid
I was there too, he kept saying the "packer" in the left front was screwing him up and then the track bar was broken. He was loose, tight, loose it was a mess. He even said it was the worst POS he's ever driven, which is pretty hilarious. I was at turn 4 and watched him fly into the pits so that was totally legit.

2 questions, what's a packer(BESIDES the ones in Green Bay) and why don't they hold the car in the pits if you're too fast entering anymore?
i think a spring rubber
It is a spacer to keep the spliter form hitting the ground.
Packer is a shim between the shock mounted dougnut style bumpstops.
of course you have the advantage of see the race in person...awesome, but for those who live 1000's of miles from the track all we heard about was HMS cars......
"Production Meeting" In those all they are concerned with is what they think is as popular in popularity that is to say the populus has purpose in pfofit. So coverage will continue to be poor and predectable. As far as Robbys race went my Computer was crappin mega bits of crap thus I missed the radio chatter on to Martinsville. Having the left side brakes pull you around the corner to stay low isd food for thought, but I only know this from driving to work fo about 10 days with a caliper that ...let's say "liked the tight left hander thruway exits.
GAS ON!!!!!
Now there my friends is an optimist!!! LOL

BRR

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service