Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from the second cup race at Bristol. Robby will be running the #7 Hard Rock/The Joint Toyota, and here is the weekend schedule.

FRIDAY,August 21st.

Practice 12:00 - 1:30 pm/et, ( 35th quickest )
Happy Hour 2:00 - 3:30 pm/et ( 31st quickest )
Qualifying 5:40pm/et ( 31st quickest )

SATURDAY, August 22nd

Raceday Coverage begins at 6:30 pm/et, green flag at 7:43 pm/et TV-ESPN

Also, live raceday chat will be available on Saturday.

BRISTOL WEEKEND PHOTOS HERE

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

why would the 66 take a prime pit selection if they are going to just park
Coulda been... it's the 33
Maybe the 66 is hoping this will be the week he's racing at least to the mid point. Strange to see the 48 in the back pits too.
Attachments:
Looks like the Browns got it done for you...
I do not think it was as bad as the result. RG was moving up before the first caution. According to Race View he had the fastest car. Car was a little tight so he took two tires for track position and one round on track bar. Car got very loose after that and moved to the back. Next caution took four and tightened the car up. Turned out to be the right rear tire had low tire pressure. The pressure and changes made the car really tight. Bumped the wall three times and knocked the two out. Loss multiple laps under caution fixing the toe.

In summary, car was very fast at drop of green. Low right rear tire pressure ruined the night.
The book of excuses just keeps growing. Looks like Speed may catch him for 35th.
robt - Maybe Robby will let you drive it for a race or two and then you can give him a few pointers.
I hope he keeps going as owner/driver with maybe a second team. I am sure he has a good business plan to present to current and possible sponsors. Hopefully they take the bait and fund a second team.
Saluki7 - Excuses? I listed facts and a little bit of opinion. Your big dollar Hendrick and Gibbs teams did very well yesterday.
We sucked yesterday guys. I listened for about 100 laps to that mess. They had a good car until lap 60 when they took on 2 tires and jumped up to 12th. Robby sucks on old tires as usual and so what do they do at next caution? They lose 2 laps working on the toe. It was a complete joke last night. Robby is the biggest waste of talent in the garage. Robby needs to focus on driving the car and hire some people who have had some measure of success in the cup series to work on his stuff. I mean seriously, what is the point of all this?
Lance - were you watching the same race? The problem with the second stint was NOT two tires but instead the right rear lost air and the car became very loose. Ever turn left when the right rear tire was low on air? They didn't know the tire was down so they corrected for the loose condition. After the correction and air in right rear the car developed a push. The toe happened late in the race not at the next caution.

The point is watching a single car owner/driver attempt to achieve his goal of racing in cup his way. Not to sound rude but if you want to watch a big funded team with a good driver with loads of engineers and top dollar equipment succeed then there are a few teams you can follow. This is why I like RGM over Hendrick, Gibbs, and Roush.
Sorry but I don't see the similarities. I must admit that I am new to offroad racing but does he have the Hendrick budget, equipment, and multiple drivers or does he just have an efficient operation with a good driver?

I don't mind teams dominating and I do not dislike Hendrick, Gibbs, and Roush. I just like the RGM underdog more. I was a fan of Bill Elliott's when he showed up at Daytona and spanked the field.

I do dislike parity and managed competition by the sanctioning body. I think Nascar is Nascar's worst enemy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service