Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from the second cup race at Bristol. Robby will be running the #7 Hard Rock/The Joint Toyota, and here is the weekend schedule.

FRIDAY,August 21st.

Practice 12:00 - 1:30 pm/et, ( 35th quickest )
Happy Hour 2:00 - 3:30 pm/et ( 31st quickest )
Qualifying 5:40pm/et ( 31st quickest )

SATURDAY, August 22nd

Raceday Coverage begins at 6:30 pm/et, green flag at 7:43 pm/et TV-ESPN

Also, live raceday chat will be available on Saturday.

BRISTOL WEEKEND PHOTOS HERE

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was certain that it was going to get rained out today, so it is 2 spots better than it 'could' have been.
True that...... the "Vortex" must have worked today.
Robby will be pitting next to the #77 and the #1 on the backstretch pits.
The 12 WON The Daytona 500 Last year....
Amen....lol. Seriously..with how GREAT the #2 is runningand ho well the #77 has improved..remember the #77...the guy who spun himself out every week into the wall last yr...lol

I cant believe people ar elike well the #12 is a junk car....nope just a shitty driver in it....

As for our qual lap...what I see a team that got the car better tru practice and imrpoved it two tenths for quals...great effort. I mean 1 tenth of a second puts us 16th and we're all doing cartwheels and drinking kool aid...lol

If we can stay out of trouble and not have any issues on pit road we'll be fine. Contrary to what many say here..Robby can run well here and at times has had great cars and had good runs going...shit luck has hurt us here. But this is not martinsville where we just flat out suck and unload 43rd in quals and somehow finish 44th...lol
I highly doubt the 12 cars is getting the same sponsor dollars as the 2 and 77, (hard to see Penske getting more money from Verizon to run the NNS car) thus is probably getting less talented and less numerous crew to run the car - kind of like th 18 at JGR until shrubb signed on and attracted M&M's.

No one in the penske camp seems to be suggesting that the 12 is a problem for 'em, perhaps this is what they expected.
I will go with a quote from Kevin Harvick from the glen about stremme: "Obviously he doesn't have the skill sets to continuously run the pace that he needs to run lap after lap"
the car looks really good this weekend for the night race at bristol but that is about all the positives i got at 5am since i can't sleep! the race will suck more than likely since the cot ruined this race(basically all races), and hopefully robby can stay on the lead lap for a while, and the double file restarts should help that!!! not expecting miracles, but hoping for a good, clean finish that will earn him some valuable points! good luck robby :D

with stremme, i just hope he isn't going to be thrown to the side, maybe he will drive again for somebody else or maybe even penske in the busch series. i think he can drive, and even he said at the beginning of the year, this was the first year he will be driving the cot so i think that it probably is taking him time to get used to it somewhat. if the rumor is or isn't true, it would be nice to see him have an extra year just to see how much better he might or might not do like sam hornish is showing. sometimes with robby, i think he is still trying to figure the cot out at some tracks that he did much better on with the old car and he has been in the cot for 4-5 years now!
I think it wasn't the COT that ruined this race - it was the progressive banking they added. Now we have multiple grooves and 'easy' passing.
I have been to many races at MI seen the COT and the COY race. and its pretty much the same kind of racing with either car.....IMO at Michigan anyway

Need big HP/good handling and good Fuel mileage
You're exactly right. I blame it on three things though-the track, the COT, and the chase. This race is so close to the chase that everyone is points racing. The drivers no how Bristol can be so they are so careful and content with just riding around.
Bristol racing is better than it was before. Cars can move through the field with that 2nd grove, and there's still some punting and various anger going on (Remember Busch v. Edwars 1 year ago?)

The idea of being so close to the chase changing things is bull****. There are maybe 4-5 cars worried about the chase, everyone else knows their going to make it or know they won't, and they race'll normally. Hell, the guys in 13-15 know they have to make something happen to have a chance, so they'll run harder than normal. If anything, the chase should make this race more intense than usual.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service