Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from the second cup race at Bristol. Robby will be running the #7 Hard Rock/The Joint Toyota, and here is the weekend schedule.

FRIDAY,August 21st.

Practice 12:00 - 1:30 pm/et, ( 35th quickest )
Happy Hour 2:00 - 3:30 pm/et ( 31st quickest )
Qualifying 5:40pm/et ( 31st quickest )

SATURDAY, August 22nd

Raceday Coverage begins at 6:30 pm/et, green flag at 7:43 pm/et TV-ESPN

Also, live raceday chat will be available on Saturday.

BRISTOL WEEKEND PHOTOS HERE

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is not a fan on here that would not like to see Robbby running better on a more consistant basis, however our contentment with how he runs is rather irrelevant. It is too easy to say (in frustration) what we think he should or shouldn't be doing, and I'm not sure anyone here is close enough to the situation to truly make that call.

Just because we have a 'personal' investment in our driver does not mean that he owes us anything other than what he is doing.

Are we fans because we support the racer, or because we need to be satisfied with his results?
Amen Shop Goddess. I am a fan because I support the racer and know he will do what it takes to run up front given the resources he has.
Results? Don't they post those after every race?
"5. I thougt it was interesting how everyone bashed Frank Kerr for never coming up with his own setups but going around the pits and getting others... doesnt seem to bad for the 47"

There were only a small handful that did and you don't hear much from them these days. Kirk doesn't belong to the fraternity of "Good Old Boys" so he's on his own. It fries my butt that Ambrose and JTG can come in here and out perform RGM in such a short time. But good for Frankie. Has had his mug on TV some and looks like he lost a little weight.
Oh I still post my fair share. I still think Frankie is kind of a joke, much like the engineers I know that made their way through school copying homework and labs; but hey it is working for JTG. I think Ambrose is a talent, and like seeing him do well. Hearing Frankie on TV though is hilarious. Of course they parked that car after the first Bristol race, if it got damaged in another event what would happen, especially if Frankies source for that setup wasnt giving out more info?

Just to clarify, I dont hate Frankie or blame him for taking advantage of the situation, but to hear people call him a good crew chief makes me smile a bit.
Did anyone expect Robby to finish well in this race? Bristol was always one of his worst tracks, his best finish was what? 18th?

I was just happy to see him make some exciting passes
And the car came home in one piece. Yea, I am looking on the bright side :)
As a Robby fan, i think a top 20 run is a victory. This summer has been frustrating..nuff said..Also, let me add, 2 tires NEVER work for small teams.
I love the tampax commercial on the practifying video...just about sums it all up...
When this year started and given the way the team performed last year, I seriously thought there would be instances where Rob would find himself out of the top 35 - especially considering the 70/66 were outside the top 35 but we know what has happened over there.

Right now, Rob is the only independent full time ride in the top 35 in points and the next time I see him, I might ask hin if there is more satisfaction out of running his own team - even though the results haven't been there - than driving for another team and being in contention for top 10's and wins.
and you are always racing around with knuckleheads.........like stremme.......

Didn't even qualify well on the road courses....

He has had good runs at Atlanta........be nice if he could pull out a few top 20's by the end of the year......

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service