Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from the second cup race at Atlanta. Robby will be running the #7 Polaris Toyota, and here is the weekend schedule.

SATURDAY , September 5

Practice 11:00 - 11:45 am/et, TV- SPEED
Happy Hour 1:00 - 2:30 pm/et TV- SPEED
Qualifying 4:40pm/et TV- SPEED

SUNDAY, September 6

Raceday Coverage begins at 7:00 pm/et, green flag at 7:46 pm/et TV-ESPN

Also, live raceday chat will be available on Sunday

Dont forget about coverage from Crandon this weekend.

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

.....the hood was taken care of.....with the one peice of tape......which was more than it needed..........the pump on the cart was actually the one they put on the car did you know that...............the pump from the NNS car never made it cause it was too far away............they were trying a diffrent spec pump for the race and Rob didnt like the feel............and U cant blame him......................the pump on the cart was the same spec as the nns car's....they thought it was the suspect pump but they had it wrong.........they had several pumps on the cart and a seperate one on the tool box...just like every week.................
RG FAN too much bashing goes on on this deal........it stinks..........you cant bekieve all that you hear on the radio or on the speed chart for most practices.Rob was the fastest car at the first Rchmond race......he chucked a power steering belt......the team replaced it didnt go a lap down......lost spots and Rob drove to a 15 th place finish.if not for the belt coming off he was top 8 easy.........something got in the belt and chucked it off......something always happens to everyone............and as far as the i's..........dont forget to cross the t's and dot the j's.......................then you have it all covered...................
I loved the put it in reverse and back it in across the line for a 6th. place finish!
Do you wonder why folks start and park? PRISM Motosports made $83k for qualifying and RGM only made an additional $33k punishing his equipment and using the additional fuel and tires.

16 Robby Gordon $116,93
43 Dave Blaney $83,588

Source: Jayski
But they also have to pay Blaney. RG mentions that he doesn't pay himself, rather it all goes to him. Also hard to get your sponsors all hyped if you only run 20 laps. the real money is in the stickers stuck to the sides. Bet that difference is 100K +
That would mean if I understand your logic that they are paying Blaney around $65k? Blaney did the S&P in the Nationwide and Cup series. He must really need a job.

They do not list a sponsor for the PRISM car. No stickers there.
I would bet it is more like 5k or 10k. Beats selling insurance (or whatever) and keeps him visible looking for a real ride. BTW, why the hell was carl edwards in a car 25 laps down for 3 hours. Should have been Blaney or Nemachek or Tvapil, stupid no call by Rousch.
They probably get some money if they are on the early entry list. Just like they get owner points.
From what I understood, Nascar is going to do something about the start and parks next season. Not sure what.
I don't think they can do much about the purse structure- the smaller teams build those winnings into their budget and it's a big part of being able to race for them. You'd further harm the independents (RGM, furniture row, etc) who complete races by reducing the payouts through the bottom half of the finishers.

I'm interested to see what they'll do about the start n parks, because I can't think of a real good solution to the problem.
Well, what would you think about only giving the start and park guys 10K for there time unless they run half the race. If they wreck there car they get the purse for the position.
That creates a situation where the SnP guys go as slow as they can without being black flagged, getting every lap possible out of their one-two sets of tires. It has the potential to ruin the actual racing through wrecks & impeding actual racers. I think that situation is worse than what we've got now

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service