Join in here and discuss all the weekend action from the second cup race at Atlanta. Robby will be running the #7 Polaris Toyota, and here is the weekend schedule.

SATURDAY , September 5

Practice 11:00 - 11:45 am/et, TV- SPEED
Happy Hour 1:00 - 2:30 pm/et TV- SPEED
Qualifying 4:40pm/et TV- SPEED

SUNDAY, September 6

Raceday Coverage begins at 7:00 pm/et, green flag at 7:46 pm/et TV-ESPN

Also, live raceday chat will be available on Sunday

Dont forget about coverage from Crandon this weekend.

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't agree with that at all. If the crew can't keep up with the better crews it means they are not good. He was losing 5 positions on almost every pit stop. The stall was near the back and hardly ever had an issue getting in or out. It's not as obvious when you are 2 laps down but when you are sitting in 12th and come out 17th at the end of the race, it's pretty obvious. He had a good car at the end capable of a top 10.
I thought this was the best the pit crew did in a while. I was watching the times on RaceView. There were two slow stops, 1) remove something from the front (I think it was a piece from Kurt's car) and 2) pull the right front fender after RG hit the wall. His times were near equal with the big guys. He even beat a few good cars and that is how he got the lucky dog. I know RG has a high standard and is vocal about it but that does not mean they sucked tonight.
Jayme - You're right, they're not good, but they didn't have a bad night, they weren't any worse than normal. You are wrong on the pit stall though, why was it picked 29th?
Good job guys all around, that one was fun to watch!!! The car showed adjustability as it has recently, but we got a finish that reflects that!!! Hope this builds some momentum in the shop. From a NASCAR view, im not really looking forward to seeing someone else take the car, although I like Gilly. From the off road side im stoked to see what they can do!!!! Gas on all around!
STRONG RUN!!! Congrats RGM!!
Great to see the intermeidate program gaining strength- hopefully this improvement shows up in Cali, Kansas, Charlotte, etc.

Sad about the pit crew, but they may find some motivation in this- often they don't have a tremendous impact on the car's finish- hopefully this race pushes them to do better.
It was hard to listen to the team radio, as even after a good stop in the middle of the race (+ 2 positions) Robby argued with Kurt about whether they had gained positions. Too much negativity, and that was after a series of good stops before the two that didn't go well. You don't get any team to perform under pressure by berating them publicly during the game/race. Pump 'em up rather than beating them down.
amen to that. You gotta what would happen if RG could replace a pit crew like he could a CC.....
what are you talking about with the nationwide car...........all the tape was ready..the front end was half ripped off the car thanks to joey...............they ran out of tape.......or should i say bear bond............and the power steering pump was on the cup car and that is a bitch to change....imagine trying to change something that will spew out 255 degree fluid on your hands and soak your gloves..........have you ever done it?...I am not glorifying the guys but dont bash them when you do not have accurate info...................get the facts straight.........please..................
all four hood pins were intact after the race.........I KNOW........the hood was fine as NASCAR viewed the video and said it was ok....that damage in the given photo was from getting into the back of Greg Biffle........................and the 61 car............the competitors wanted them to black flag him because he had the fastest car.........the 47 was crying the whole time..........as the team owner stated to me post race....we were only afraid of one car..............and which one did he mean................it wasnt Harvick I can tell you that........and who was chasing who in this photo................it didnt even need one strip even at that..........and yes it is about 255 degrees...................and where was the nationwide trailer parked...........about forever away........and its locked............I am sick of people that dont know the true facts bashing the team........get real................
Rest assured, last night I looked at the pitcart, and I saw plenty of new spare parts in case they had issues.
You know it TOG..............Am I full of it?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service