Finally a finish that matched his perfromance. Robby's 16th place finish moved him up to 34th in owner points and gave him a 97 point advantage over 36th.

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was so annoyed with Fox (as usual) because they kept mentioning all the drivers that were having good nights, but not once did they say anything about Robby. I didn't know anything about all the trouble he was having until I read it on here this morning.
It's much easier when you accept the fact that FOX or the talking bobble-heads in the booth don't give a rat's ass about Robby because he doesn't appeal to the traditional NASCRAP masses. Only when he runs in the Top10 or is a "Driver on the Move" will he get the gratuitous mention.
Great Job RGM - on to Darlington!
He did a great job of missing all the accidents as well.
It seemed like everythime that FOX played a slo-mo replay of a wreck, you could see the #7 slipping inside of it, down low. Robby drove a great line yesterday, and missed getting caught-up in everyone else's wrecks.
I was at the track and Robby drove a great race. During restarts he would back up for I assume the craziness that was in front of him. As soon as things calmed down he started picking them off one by one. I love how they pitted when he was a lap down and then he muscled himself into the lucky dog position. He has the car and talent!

He got lucky when the quick caution came out and they threw the green when he pitted late (had to). I usually do not believe in luck but I will take some good luck. At one point toward the end he said 99 is in second and we have been better then him all day. Their pit strategy was better then theirs and the results show it.
I have a great appreciation for Robbys talent in overcoming bad luck situations
ie P/S belt
Hood Pin
Splitter Bracket damage
I really like how he gave truex the door knocking
GO ROBBY
Truex and JJ were mad men out there. I thought JJ was going to take Robby out when JJ was a few laps down. He dove into turn 1 really hard and almost hit the left quarter of Robby and spun him.
RG did a good job. His car was better on long runs so he would fall back after it went green and the crawled back up. One bad 22sec+ stop cost him spots (Kirk mentioned on the radio that the jack did not drop fast enough) Also heard Robby mention that the pit crew did great for not having that much practice. Did the pit crew change? Overall the mood on the radio was good., (I bet they have a steering belt on pit road frtom now on...)
Don't blame yourself. We all do it. My JB shirt is a Ford, so I think that is bad luck. But, since it wasn't a JB night, I wore Monster.
fyi- once the #34 falls out after next week, RG wont ever have to worry about the top 35 again this year.
You can put Charlie Brown on the back... "WE'RE #35! WE'RE #35!"

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service